MGRC Job Board
Goff Public is a highly respected, top public relations and public affairs firm that builds trust, advocates and solve problems for organizations that are improving the world
Goff Public is seeking a full-time, year-round coordinator to work with its dynamic government relations team. This role reports to the Vice President of Government Relations, and is an excellent opportunity for candidates interested in government relations work within an agency.
Goff Public is a highly respected, top public relations and public affairs firm that builds trust, advocates and solve problems for organizations that are improving the world. We are passionate about and invested in our work, our clients and our communities. We value integrity – on the job and in our lives, the inclusion of diverse ideas and experiences, and excellent, top-quality work. We are an honest, authentic team that values candor. We love teams. We work collaboratively, share ideas, hold each other accountable and have a lot of fun succeeding together.
Benefits include free parking or public transit reimbursement and a fully stocked kitchen. We offer medical, dental, 401K, a generous PTO package, family leave and more. Goff Public has a hybrid work model, with employees working remotely on Mondays and Fridays, and in the office Tuesdays through Thursdays. Goff Public is an Affirmative Action, Equal Opportunity employer.
Who we’re looking for
- An experienced project manager with strong problem-solving and communication skills.
- Someone with a passion for and interest in policy and government relations (though you don’t need experience in these areas).
- Someone who loves details and is energized by working in a fast-paced environment.
- A confident, self-starter.
- Someone who loves being part of a team and contributing to top-quality work.
It will be your job to:
- Provide year-round, full-time administrative support to our state lobbying team.
- Monitor legislative schedules.
- Manage the calendars and schedules of our government relations team.
- Monitor legislative hearings.
- Attend and monitor press conferences.
- Track issues on social media.
- Track legislation.
- Draft political updates and client reports.
- Conduct research.
- Write clear and concise updates for clients and team.
- Proven project management experience.
- Highly professional demeanor.
- Extremely strong attention to detail and follow through.
- Ability to meet deadlines and deliver top-quality work.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel and ability to learn other platforms and tools.
- Ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously in a fast-paced environment with tight deadlines.
Interested applicants should submit a cover letter and resume to Sue Kuncio (sue at goffpublic.com) by September 30, 2021.