MGRC Job Board
Government Relations Firm seeks Associate
A small Government Relations firm has an opportunity for a Government Relations Associate to assist the firm with client services during the 2020 session (from February through May).
Government Relations Associate
A small Government Relations firm has an opportunity for a Government Relations Associate to assist the firm with client services during the 2020 session (from February through May). All applications must be received by January 2nd.
Responsibilities include the following:
- Monitor and provide communications of complex public policy issues during legislative committee hearings and public meetings.
- Schedule meetings, create copies, and assist with other administrative projects, as needed.
- Research legislative issues impacting clients, provide written communication, and remain informed on local and national news to provide timely updates on client issues.
- Draft weekly updates for web publications and draft specialized reports and documents as needed for clients and team members.
- Strong commitment to client service
- Ability to work with and take direction from others, as well as the ability to work independently
- Good planning, communication, and organizational skills
- Ability to problem solve and use sound judgment
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment
- Positive and professional demeanor
- Bachelor’s degree is preferred
- Interest in and understanding of the Minnesota Legislative Process
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Working knowledge of social media is preferred
Applicants should submit a cover letter, resume, and references to firstname.lastname@example.org
Application deadline: January 2, 2020