MGRC Job Board
Minnesota Farm Bureau
Public Policy Specialist
Public Policy Specialist
Minnesota Farm Bureau Federation
The Public Policy Specialist will assist the Public Policy Director in the direction and advancement of the public policy program of the Minnesota Farm Bureau on state legislative and regulatory issues within the boundaries of our member-driven grassroots policy. The Public Policy Specialist will assist in grassroots policy development and political action committee activities.
- Communicate and advocate for MFBF policy priorities and activities.
- Assist in advancement of MFBF policy priorities by monitoring state legislative and regulatory activities and provide direct lobbying assistance during Minnesota legislative session. Primary subject areas include: farm policy, environmental, natural resources, energy and rulemaking/agency regulations.
- Be responsible to respond promptly to member inquiries for any information and/or advice.
- Prepare regular state issue legislative and regulatory updates to members, board and staff.
- Conduct research on key policy areas to help develop fact sheets, position statements, briefing documents and other appropriate policy program materials.
- Track and attend as needed key meetings with state commissions, boards, council or stakeholders related to MFBF policy activities.
- Assist the Public Policy Team in the preparation and presentation of programs, actions, and initiatives to further Farm Bureau policy development and implementation.
- Work closely with other lobbyists and staff from agricultural organizations, industry, and trade associations in carrying out shared public policy goals.
- Assist the Public Policy Director in state and federal political action committee activities.
- Primary responsibility for filing reports required under state lobbying laws and regulations. Ensure entire staff and board is knowledgeable of lobbying disclosure requirements.
- 1-3 years of experience working in state legislature, government relations or related field.
- Demonstrated knowledge of appropriate procedures for working with Minnesota legislature, state agencies and administration officials.
- Clear and consistent verbal and written communications skills combined with effective interpersonal and organization skills.
- Working knowledge of agriculture is preferred.
Duration: Permanent full-time position
Job Location: Minnesota Farm Bureau Federation, Eagan, MN
Compensation: Salary based on experience and job qualifications
To apply: Interested applicants should contact Amber Glaeser at Amber.Glaeser@fbmn.org for questions or to submit cover letter and resume.