MGRC Job Board
Minnesota Department of Human Serviceshttp://www.mn.gov/careers
The State of Minnesota is an equal opportunity, affirmative action, and veteran-friendly employer. We are committed to providing culturally responsive services to all Minnesotans. The State of Minnesota recognizes that a diverse workforce is essential and strongly encourages qualified women, minorities, individuals with disabilities, and veterans to apply.
Human Resources Manager, Merit System/Human Services Manager 2
The Merit System Human Resources Manager directs and manages the MN Merit System (MMS), which provides a human resources program for county human services/social services/health agencies that is in compliance with federal merit system standards.
- Provide human resources consultation/advice and technical assistance to county managers and supervisors on a variety of areas, including: appropriate corrective or disciplinary action, classification, compensation issues, human resource policy language, affirmative action and equal opportunity plans, organizational changes and employment laws and regulations
- Interpret and clarify Merit System Rules and applicable employment laws
- Plan and direct a recruiting and assessment program so counties are supplied with an adequate pool of well-qualified candidates
- Direct the development, implementation and maintenance of a position classification plan, so that classification plan accurately reflects the total range of positions covered by the Merit System and the needs of county agencies
Supervisory OR other leadership experience OR completion of a leadership development program (e.g., L4, Emerging Leaders Institute, etc.)
5 years of professional, supervisory, managerial and/or other leadership role in Human Resources.
Experience must demonstrate the following:
- Working knowledge of federal and Minnesota state employment laws and rules and federal merit system standards and principles
- Consulting on employee relations issues, including appropriate corrective or disciplinary action, classification and compensation, human resource policy language, affirmative action plans, organizational changes and employment laws and regulations
- Recruitment and selection, classification, job evaluation and compensation administration
- Planning and organizing projects to include evaluating processes and re-designing work processes to improve efficiency and service
- Working in a unionized environment
- Experience with an online applicant database, such as NeoGov
- Working knowledge of the operation of county government, county boards and relevant statutes affecting county administrative functions
- Working knowledge of public sector budget principles and processes
For additional information about the application process, go to http://www.mn.gov/careers. Search job ID: 37104
If you have questions about the position, contact Connie Jones at Connie.L.Jones@state.mn.us