MGRC Job Board
Weber Johnson Public Affairshttp://www.weberjohnsonpa.com
Our core practice is in strategic consulting, media relations and coalition mobilization focused on helping provide solutions for issues our clients are having with local, state, and federal governments. We provide political consulting, media relations and paid media services to clients, including political action committees and independent expenditure committees.
Weber Johnson Public Affairs is seeking qualified individuals with skill sets in politics, the legislative process and media relations to support our clients and our team of consultants.
- Serve as support to Weber Johnson clients through:
- Client management and support
- Liaison to client coalition members and grassroots team on behalf of clients and/or consultants
- Scheduling assistance on behalf of consultants
- Planning and execution of events on behalf of Weber Johnson clients
- Coalition recruitment activities
- Media relations
- Monitoring of legislation affecting Weber Johnson clients
- Attend client meetings and organize consultants’ follow-up as needed
- Weber Johnson corporate support, ie, website update, newsletter development, etc.
- Social media monitoring and interaction
BS or BA-level or equivalent work experience in the area of public affairs, communications, journalism, marketing, political science and/or public policy. Political campaign experience preferred. Experience with basic computing software and web-based applications necessary for data base management, newsletter design, website updates, PowerPoint presentations and social media. Self-starting, self-managing and strong leadership abilities required. Regular in-state travel likely, as well as occasional out-of-state travel.
To Apply: Submit your resume and a writing sample to Jen Niska, Chief of Staff at firstname.lastname@example.org no later than Jan. 29, 2020.