MGRC Job Board
Flaherty & Hood, P.A.http://www.flaherty-hood.com/
Communications & Government Relations Associate
Flaherty & Hood, P.A., a law firm specializing in government relations, is seeking a creative jack-of-all-trades to assist with internal and external communications, events planning and administrative tasks.
- Assist the Media & Communications Director in developing and implementing communications strategies for our firm and clients that include media outreach and social media content creation
- Researching, writing and editing materials including press releases, social media posts, newsletters and informational handouts
- Planning and coordinating events such as conferences, seminars and “Day at the Capitol” lobbying events
- Supporting the work of the government relations team at the Minnesota Capitol
- Bachelor’s degree in Communications, Journalism, Public Relations or a related field
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Social media expertise
- Content writing experience for all media platforms
- Highly computer literate with capability in email, web design (preferably Wordpress), MS Office, Adobe Suite, and related tools
- Interest in state and local politics
- Experience making and editing videos (preferred)
- Photography experience (preferred)
- Events planning experience (preferred)
Position will include some in-state travel and occasional irregular and evening hours.
Flaherty & Hood, P.A. offers competitive compensation and an excellent work environment. Compensation determined based on qualifications and experience. Deadline to apply is Feb. 14, 2020. Interested applicants should send a cover letter and resume to Julie Liew at firstname.lastname@example.org.