MGRC Job Board
Minnesota Council of Health Planshttps://mnhealthplans.org/
We lead some of our country's best health insurance companies in a united effort to bring wellbeing withinreach for everyone in Minnesota. We create a space where our member insurers put aside competitive concerns and work together with partners across the state to make sure we all get care that is more effective and less expensive.
Request for Proposal for Government Affairs Contract
M I N N E S O T A C O U N C I L o f H E A L T H P L A N S
COURT INTERNATIONAL BUILDING
2550 UNIVERSITY AVENUE WEST
SUITE 255 SOUTH
ST. PAUL, MINNESOTA 55114
651-645-0099 FAX 651-645-0098
September 20, 2021
RE: Request for Proposal for Government Affairs Contract
The Minnesota Council of Health Plans has worked for more than 30 years to improve care for everyone. We represent local, non-profit health insurance companies that help more than 4.6 million Minnesotans and their communities to get the care they need - today and in the future. The Council’s membership includes BlueCross BlueShield of Minnesota, HealthPartners, Hennepin Health, Medica, Sanford Health Plan of Minnesota, and UCare.
This letter is to solicit interest in consulting services with the Minnesota Council of Health Plans (MCHP) on public affairs, legislative strategy and targeted legislative lobbying at the Minnesota legislature through December 31, 2022, with possible renewal for future years.These consulting services will include but not limited to:
•Becoming familiar with the policy priorities for the MCHP;
•Assist in developing and executing a legislative strategy on key issues for the MCHP;
•Assist in coordination of the lobbying effort with Council plan members and theirlobbying team;
•Attend weekly meetings with the lobbying team (or more frequently during session) forthe MCHP and its members.
Please respond with a proposal, including your response to the following:
- Proposed plan for representing the MCHP at the state capitol, including:
- Regularly briefing MCHP staff on issues prior to and during the legislative sessionand plan for maintaining continuous communication during the session;
- Attending legislative committee hearings or other policy meetings and providingwritten summaries when requested;
- Facilitating meetings with legislators and attending these meetings whenrequested;
- Implementing a decision-making process on issues that demand a quickturnaround time.
- A summary of relevant experience in the last three state legislative sessions; specifically,please describe the outcome of similar lobbying efforts you conducted.
- Your experience working in a bipartisan manner, including with leadership in thelegislature and Governor’s office on health care policy and budget issues.
- A complete list of current clients and those served during the past twelve months.Please indicate if there are any potential conflicts of interest with their existing clients,and if so, how the consultant would address them.
- Your best estimate for the cost to perform the duties outlined above.
Please send a notice of intent to respond to Pam Houg (firstname.lastname@example.org) followed by your proposal by the end of the day on October 1, 2021.